BREAKING: Several Burleson ISD candidates file for May 6 school board election by Friday
BURLESON – A total of five people have filed for candidacy in the May 6 school board election, according to the candidate list provided Friday, Feb. 17 by Burleson ISD District Office Manager Mary Ellen Burch.
At their meeting this past week, the BISD school board set the election for May 6.
Candidate filing expired Friday afternoon for the Place 3 and Place 4 terms – both of which last three years.
Friday’s candidate list shows that:
• Place 3 incumbent Ryan Richardson, 30, a banker, has filed for reelection.
• Richardson will be challenged in this race by Jerry Duncan, 73, a retired manager.
• Both Place 3 candidates have lived in their district five years.
• Place 4 incumbent Andy Pickens, 58, also filed for election.
• Pickens – who describes himself as “semi retired” – has lived in his district 20 years.
• Pickens will be challenged in this race by Shane O’Rourke, 40, a finance manager who has lived in the district 40 years; and Shelley Grant, 61, a coach and business owner who has lived in the district 46 years.
The school board elections will be explored in more detail in upcoming issues of the Burleson Star.