Burleson man electrocuted in Godley accident
GODLEY – A Burleson man died the afternoon of Wed., Feb. 1, while trying to put up a sign for an oilfield chemical business in the 6000 block of County Road 1001.
Aaron Stevens, 26, was accidentally electrocuted trying to help his half-brother put up the sign for Multi-Chem, Jason Jordan, Godley chief of police, explained this week.
Authorities on Wednesday were still searching for Stevens’ half brother, who authorities did not immediately name.
The half-brother, a Joshua man, was extremely upset about the accident and had fled from the hospital with major burns, according to reports.
However, as of Friday, Feb. 3, the half-brother’s family reported making contact with him through a girlfriend. It was anticipated he was going to get medical help as quickly as possible.
“We were trying to locate him for his own well-being," the Godley chief said.
At the time of the accident, Stevens and his half-brother were in a lift working on the sign.
But then Stevens raised his head too high and made contact with a power line, the police chief said.
The first responders on the scene tried CPR on Stevens. They then flew him to THC hospital by helicopter ambulance.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s database indicates Stevens died about 2:16 p.m in the 200 block of Walls Drive the day of the accident.
The results of his autopsy– being performed by Barrie Miller – were pending as of Friday, Feb. 3, according to reports.
A Multi-Chem representative could not be located Fri., Feb. 3 to determine the status of any OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) investigation into the fatality accident.
Neither Stevens nor his half-brother are believed to have been employed by Multi-Chem. The sign task was believed to be contact work.